QUALIFICATIONS / DEADLINES / RULES
- Dress appropriately for a professional presentation.
- KAA will supply the auction items for the finals.
- Contestants are to report to Central Mall (2259 S 9th St) in Salina at 4:45 pm.
- The sound system will be pre-set and will not be adjusted during the contest, but all contestants will be able to test the sound system prior to the start of the competition.
- The competing order will be determined by a drawing.
- Contestants will be introduced by the number drawn.
- Any contestant not present when called will be disqualified.
- Contestants must introduce themselves, where they are from (city), and their number.
- Contestants will sell three (3) items to determine the top five (5) finalists.
- Each of the top five (5) finalists will be interviewed and sell another two (2) items in order to determine the order of finish and the title of Kansas Auctioneer Champion.
- There shall be three judges, consisting of auctioneers or those who operate/manage auction services or facilities.
The Champion will receive a belt buckle (presented immediately following the contest), a plaque at Winter Convention and $1,000 in one of the following options:
- $1,000 prize money check
- $300 NAA online membership renewal reimbursement + $700 prize money check
- $300 NAA online membership renewal reimbursement + $350 International Auctioneer Championship entry fee reimbursement + $350 prize money check
The Reserve Champion will receive a plague and $500 in prize money.
The Runner Up will receive a plague and $250 in prize money.
- The Champion will be required to attend the KAA Winter Convention in order to receive the awards specified above and assist the MC with the preliminaries. Failure to meet this important requirement will result in the forfeiture of all awards.
- The Champion will be required to serve on the next subsequent Kansas Auctioneer Championship Committee and will assist the Master of Ceremonies during the next Kansas State Fair finals.
FILL OUT FINALIST INFORMATION FORM & SUBMIT PHOTO by August 31st.