Thursday, October 21, 2021
McCurdy Auction, LLC
(Augusta) US HWY 400 (Kellogg) & SW Haverhill Rd., North to Property.
*Buyer should verify school assignments as they are subject to change. The real estate is offered at public auction in its present, “as is where is” condition and is accepted by the buyer without any expressed or implied warranties or representations from the seller or seller’s agents. It is incumbent upon buyer to exercise buyer’s own due diligence, investigation, and evaluation of suitability of use for the real estate prior to bidding. It is buyer’s responsibility to have any and all desired inspections completed prior to bidding including, but not limited to, the following: roof; structure; termite; environmental; survey; encroachments; groundwater; flood designation; presence of lead-based paint or lead based paint hazards; presence of radon; presence of asbestos; presence of mold; electrical; appliances; heating; air conditioning; mechanical; plumbing (including water well, septic, or lagoon compliance); sex offender registry information; flight patterns, or any other desired inspection. Any information provided or to be provided by seller or seller’s agents was obtained from a variety of sources and neither seller nor seller’s agents have made any independent investigation or verification of such information and make no representation as to the accuracy or completeness of such information. Auction announcements take precedence over anything previously stated or printed. Total purchase price will include a 10% buyer’s premium ($1,500.00 minimum) added to the final bid. Property available to preview by appointment. Earnest money is due from the high bidder at the auction in the form of cash, check, or immediately available, certified funds in the amount $50,000. $50,000 anticipates closing on or before 30 days from the date of sale. A 45 day close is available at the discretion of purchaser with deposit of $75,000 in earnest money at the time of contracting.
ONLINE ONLY!!! PREMIER!!! What an amazing opportunity to purchase this one-of-a-kind property nestled back on 40 acres in Augusta, currently known as the “Stone Hill Barn.” This prime location, right on blacktop, provides privacy with the beautiful countryside views yet is a short 10-minute drive to all the city amenities in Augusta and El Dorado. It is also less than a 20 minute drive to Wichita. This well-maintained property can continue as a business venue or become your dream residential oasis.
- 2,732 +/- square foot craftsman cottage custom built-in 2016
- Covered front porch
- Attached 2 car garage with bonus room above that could be converted into an apartment
- Large covered back patio
- Main floor open floor plan with wood flooring, formal dining room, living room, and kitchen
- Kitchen has breakfast nook, island, and includes a stainless steel refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, and microwave.
- Separate laundry room with barn door
- 3 main floor bedrooms, each having an ensuite with a walk-in shower
- Upper level has a loft with tall vaulted ceilings that leads to the huge primary bedroom and full bathroom.
- 1,921 +/- square foot basement with 9ft ceilings is currently unfinished. Once finished could provide 3 bedrooms, a full bathroom, and a family/rec room. There is also a 175 +/- square foot safe room.
- IMPRESSIVE 7,000 +/- square foot climate-controlled barn/venue custom built-in 2016
- Specialized process on barn siding to show aged appearance
- 2 separate high-efficiency HVAC systems (11-ton units each)
- Fully climate-controlled
- Completely foam insulation from roof line through walls
- Framed in header for future large door opening on west wall
- New roof placed on house and barn in 2020
- 2 restrooms, prep kitchen, storage areas, long balconies, hayloft room, and arched foyer
- Folding tables and chairs included
- Outdoor venue with custom designed beautiful open-air chapel
- Able to seat 300 plus people
- Reclaimed antique stained glass windows
- Custom mortise and tenon built covered pergola
- 24x16 cedar studio (“man cave”) with vaulted ceilings
- Cottage-like garden shed with front porch
- 2 additional storage sheds
- Antique 2 story metal silo erected on a new concrete pad
- Lots of wildlife including deer and turkey
- Well is used for drinking and irrigation (rural water is available)
- equipped with buried septic tanks lateral field
- 3 phase electric
- The property is all-electric
Hay is cut every year providing additional income. The farmer can continue to work for the buyer if desired. Look for the seller's list of property details in the packet as well.
This property has been operated as a successful wedding venue for the past five years. Numerous events are already booked for 2022.
Property offered at ONLINE ONLY auction. | 10% Buyer's Premium will be added to the final bid. | BIDDING OPENS: Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 at 2:00 PM (cst) | BIDDING CLOSES: Thursday, October 21st, 2021 at 2:00 PM) (cst). Bidding will remain open on this property until 1 minute has passed without receiving a bid. Property available to preview by appointment. $50,000 anticipates closing on or before 30 days from the date of sale. A 45 day close is available at the discretion of purchaser with deposit of $75,000 in earnest money at the time of contracting.
In addition to the real property, the seller will convey all of their interest in the business assets, including current contracts, intangible assets, accounts receivable, trade names, and goodwill, to the buyer at closing. Buyer will accordingly assume all responsibility for future events already booked; however, any events scheduled after November 12, 2022, will be at the discretion of the buyer. A copy of the transition agreement which buyer will sign as a part of the contracting process is included in the property information packet for reference. The current staff required to conduct the facilitation of the business has expressed a willingness to stay in place through the last event that is currently booked and their compensation is reflected in the projected income statement. In addition, the Current Owner is willing to stay in place as a consultant to the New Owner. Any future bookings will be at the discretion of the New Owner.
Contact listing agent for more information on reservation dates and financial information.
OPEN HOUSE dates:
- 10/7 from 3:30 to 5:30pm
- 10/18 from 3:30 to 5:30pm