QUALIFICATIONS / DEADLINES / RULES
- Dress appropriately for a professional presentation.
- KAA will supply the auction items for the finals.
- Contestants are to report to Bretz Law Arena at 1:00 pm.
- The sound system will be pre-set and will not be adjusted during the contest, but all contestants will be able to test the sound system prior to the start of the competition.
- Competing order will be determined by a drawing.
- Contestants will be introduced by number drawn.
- Any contestant not present when called will be disqualified.
- Contestants must introduce themselves, where they are from (city), and their number.
- Contestants will sell three (3) items to determine the top five (5) finalist.
- Each of the top five (5) finalists will be interviewed and sell another two (2) items in order to determine the order of finish and the title of 2016 Kansas Auctioneer Champion.
- There shall be three judges, consisting of auctioneers or those who operate/manage auction services or facilities.
- All scores will be added and the top 10 will move on to the State Fair Finals.
- Finalists will be announced after the conclusion and scoring of the Competition.
- Finalists in the preliminaries will compete at the finals at the Kansas State Fair on September 14, 2016
- Scoring for State Fair Finals will be provided within 30 to 45 days of that round of the competition.
- The Champion will receive the following:
- Belt buckle – presented immediately following the contest.
- Personalized plaque – awarded during the KAA Winter Convention.
- $200.00 – also awarded during the KAA Winter Convention.
- 1-Year National Auctioneers Association virtual membership.
- If the Champion decides to compete in the International Auctioneer Championship, the KAA will reimburse the entry fee.
(Please Note: The Champion will be required to attend the KAA Winter Convention in order to receive the awards specified above. Failure to meet this important requirement will result in the forfeiture of all awards.)
- Second Place winner will receive a plaque and $100.00 – immediately following the contest.
- Third Place winner will receive a plaque and $50.00. – immediately following the contest.
- Fourth and Fifth Place winners will receive plaques – immediately following the contest.
- The Champion will be required to serve on the next subsequent Bid Calling Committee and will assist the Master of Ceremonies during the next Kansas State Fair Bid Calling Contest.
- Both the Champion and Second Place winner will be asked to return September 16th to serve as auctioneers for the Kansas State Fair Committee by selling approximately 25 chainsaw sculptures provided by artist Gary Keenan at the Bretz Law Arena at 4:00 PM.